Stay connected with me =)

http://instagram.com/jamila_ajhttps://twitter.com/AidaJamilahttp://www.youtube.com/user/jamilaxaj

Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2013

What I'm grateful for 2013!! Count your blessings not your problems!!

Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some.
Charles Dickens - See more at: http://www.verybestquotes.com/20-best-count-your-blessings-quotes/#sthash.2sF4gSnI.dpuf

Miyajima Jinja
Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some. Charles Dickens - See more at: http://www.verybestquotes.com/20-best-count-your-blessings-quotes/#sthash.2sF4gSnI.dpuf

Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortune of which all man have some. - Charles Dickens
Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some.
Charles Dickens - See more at: http://www.verybestquotes.com/20-best-count-your-blessings-quotes/#sthash.2sF4gSnI.dpuf

Only 1 day left till 2013 ends. For me this year was an amazing year full of happy memories and cheerful days. I will leave this year with a smile on my face.


To conclude it perfectly, I'm going to share with you what I'm especially grateful for:

1. Health! Being healthy is for me the most important thing in the world. Nothing scares me more than one day realizing that something is wrong with my body. I'm always telling myself that I have a strong body that won't let anything bad happen to me. Apparently it works! Since birth I never had any serious illnesses. As long as I only have lack of iron, I'm absolutely happy. =)
Not only my own health is important to me, but also the health of the people surrounding me. My Family and Friends mean the world to me, if something would happen to them, it's like something would happen to me.

Believing in miracles is sometimes not such a bad idea... maybe there IS someone powerful watching over us.

2. Friends! This year I met a few new friends and they made me feel so blessed!! 
It's not the amount that counts, but how happy they can make you with their only presences.


Everything is more fun, if you have someone to share it with.


3. Planes! Have you ever thought what if it's not possible to travel by plane?!? Imagine how difficult it would be to travel from one country to another. To think that the plane is one of the safest transportations, is kind of impressive.
This year I flew for the first time a long-distance flight. I went from Zurich to Tokyo and back again. It was so excited and I finally have experienced by my own how it is. I really don't have any problems with flying, on the other hand I think it's exciting!!





4. Music! This year was a year full of many comebacks: 1D, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Demi Lovato, Henry and many more. Music has filled my life since long ago. It's a really important factor in my life. I can not imagine a life without my IPOD!! For some reason I prefer using my Ipod instead of my phone for listening to music.
This year I also had the honour to attend two concerts that I didn't even dream of attending!!
Thanks to an amazing friend that I met in Japan, I was able to buy a concert ticket for the Super Show in Tokyo Dome. I was soooooo lucky that my friend called me 1 day before the concert. With her help I still got a ticket from a sold-out concert. This is what I call luck!!! :D
Being part of the Sea of Sapphire was such a blessing I will never forget it! =)
The other concert that I attended was TVXQ's Time Concert at the Yokohama Arena.
I think it's already luck seeing one of your favorite bands.. so do you think I had suuuuuper luck?!? I saw both of my favorite bands in one year!!! With that luck I should have played lotto!!! Maybe I would have hit the jackpot!! xD


Super Junior's Super Show in Tokyo Dome - Sea of Sapphire

5. Family! I was far away from home for 6 months and this made me realize how important it is to have a loving family. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't home-sick at all. But still coming home to your family is always a nice feeling. I don't even know how to describe this feeling, I just don't have the words for it.
 
*I'm not posting any pictures of my family because I want to beware their privacy* =)

6. Youtube and Blogging! Youtube has opened me so many doors. I was watching videos on youtube for some years now, but this year I finally decided to film my own videos. At the beginning it was kind of awkward, but now I'm loving it!! I started blogging before Youtube. At the beginning I was really bad at it. I didn't know about what to post and I posted pretty rarely. Now I'm very much into it and the ideas are just running into my head. xD Youtubing and Blogging have given me something that I really like to do.

My KPOP inspired makeup looks


7. My interest in foreign languages! I never believed that I was good in anything. I was never good in sports, my creativity was limited and I didn't have any talents. The fact that I grew up with 2 languages gave me the ability to learn different languages easily. I made it my goal to never stop learning languages and studying them has become my passion and my strength.
This year I intensified my japanese by going to Japan.


Just because I like languages doesn't make me a good student... xD


8. Dogs! Truly are men best friends!! My dog passed away last year in December after she stand by my side for 15 years. I spent my entire childhood with her. She became something like a sister to me. Her presence brightened my life.
We didn't take a new dog after her and her absence is noticeable... There is no one under the table to who I can hand over the meat that I don't like, no one to remind me to go out take a walk, no one that starts to bark because a stranger is in the house, no one awaits me at home with a happy face as if I went away for an entire century, no one that without words can cheer me up.. I really miss my dog!! Sometimes when I'm alone at home I look towards the door and imagine how it would be nice, if my dog would walk through there to remind me that she's there for me... Having a fur friend is much more precious than a human friend! I'm truly looking forward to the day I finally will have a new dog. A dog is men's best friend, he will never betray you!!



My dog Sally

9. My country! Many times I wondered why my grandparents had to come to this country, which is so boring and the summers are so short... Now that I've lived over 20 years here I came to realize how grateful I should be that I was born where I live. I went to school, learned a job and found a job! I have health insurance, a home, daily food and always clean water. 
Those were things to me that I though were normal, but I came to realise that having all that is actually luck....
You only realised what you have, until you don't have it anymore.

St. Gallen in the middle of November

10. Visiting Japan! This will probably be the highlight of my life. I can't really tell that visiting Japan was my childhood dream, because I don't recall that back then I knew that the Animes where originally from Japan. When I was little I always wanted to be part of those animes. Living like they did and wearing a uniform for school.
Well of course there is no Sailormoon that transforms herself in the middle of the sky and needs 3 minutes for it, but there are things that really reminds me of animes, like the walkside from a river or the streets sometimes. All this makes it really magical.

Kyoto Imperial Palace Garden

11. Believing! Dreams come true! It doesn't matter in what you believe, holding to it can be your strength to move on in any situation. My believe made me move on in parts of my life that were hard for me. This year I fulfilled a dream of mine, that I would never had imagine to fulfill. Never give up on your dreams!! Some dreams may remain dreams, but others can be achieved. :) Fight for what you want and never give up.

Disneyland Resort Tokyo - Where fairytales become reality

12. I've changed! You wonder why I should be grateful for that?!? Easy! I lost myself a long time ago. When I looked in the mirror I didn't see me, I saw someone that I hated. I lived for a long time believing that everything sucks. 
This year I found my inner peace. When I look in the mirror now I'm happy to look at myself, I love myself! I'm not perfect, but it's perfect for me. =)
The most noticeable change is definitely my change of hairstyles in the past few months. I cut my "oh sooo loooved" long hair, shorter and shorter to suuuper short! Never would I have imagined cutting them, if it would be me one year ago. They were the only thing that I was proud of. Now I can't even imagine having long hair again. Ahhh people change in a weird way... xD




13. Live you life your way! I always did what people told me to do. This year I broke the rules. I did what I wanted to do and I never regretted one decision that I made for 1 second.
Don't bother what people say they will always criticise you for something. Just do what you want as long as it makes you happy. 

There is nothing wrong with a Monalisa that doesn't laugh perfectly ;P


This year was the best year since a long time and if 2014 is going to be as awesome as this year my happiness will reach it's limit... haha just kidding xD I'm open for even more happiness!! =)

Sakura in Tokyo

..... I could go on and on, there is soo much that I'm grateful, but my brain just blew of and I'm out of ideas. xD
Writing this post made me feel so good. You really should try it too!!

County your Blessings, not your Problems!!

Hiroshima sunset - Even a once called hell can turn into paradise

Kommentare:

  1. Happy New Year!! Woww, I used to have really long hair (down to my bum) and cut it to shoulder length once - that was drastic for me! You're very courageous haha. Your short hair looks great though :) Thanks for following my blog - http://www.prettylittlethings7.blogspot.co.uk/ - I'm following back now :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Happy New year to you too!! =) haha lool I guess I was really in a mood to cut them back then :D
      Aww thank you for following my blog!! That's so sweet =)

      Löschen