Stay connected with me =)

http://instagram.com/jamila_ajhttps://twitter.com/AidaJamilahttp://www.youtube.com/user/jamilaxaj

Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2013

Korean BB Cream Review


What is BB Cream?

BB stands for Balm Blemish. This cream was developped in Germany as a treatment cream after plastic surgery for smoothing and regenerate the skin. Soon this cream became really popular in South Korea.
Nowadays they are worldwide used in a daily basis as a replacement for fondation or makeup base.
BB creams have the following benefitial properties:

  • UV protection
  • improves fine wrinkles
  • corrects uneven skintone
  • moisturizing

How I started to use BB Cream

When I was younger I never used to apply fondation on my skin. I didn't have a lot of breakouts, so concealer and powder was enough to cover up everything.
I never really was a big fan of fondation. I always thought they wouldn't be good for the skin. It felt like putting on your skin color.
After I turned 20 my skin changed and I had far more breakouts and it was almost impossible to cover them up with concealer. That was the time when I purchased my first fondation. It was from Max Factor. It was a really light texture and didn't feel heavy on the skin, but I still was really sceptical.
Around that time I discovered through my favorite Beauty-Youtuber Bubzbeauty bb creams.
In a video she was praising about a bb cream from the brand Missha called Perfect Cover. I purchased it online on yesstyle.com and started to use it. From that time I fell in love with them.

What I like about BB Creams

About bb creams I like that they aren't as pigmented and heavy as fondation. They feel more light on the skin. There are some that aren't really covering, but there are also bb creams that cover up surprisingly good. Most of them have sun protection.
Good bb creams give your skin a flawless finish without looking cakey.

My BB Creams

I want to share with you the bb creams that I've been using in the past few years. For some reason all the bb creams are from korean brands.
I ranked them from best to worst.


MISSHA Signature Real Complete SPF25 PA++ No. 23

This bb cream was reformulated for everyday use. It has UV protection, brightening and anti-aging properties.
I only started to use it last summer and I really love it. I would say that this is the next generation of the Perfect Cover. It is slightly lighter. It's kind of hard to tell which one of these bb creams is better. Probably it depends on the skin. If you have just a few breakouts, where you don't need much coverage, then I would recommend you this one. It doesn't feel oily and gives your skin a really flawless finish.


Likes
+ light texture
+ good coverage
+ even and natural finish
+ SPF 25 PA++
+ packaging comes with a pump
+ small amount is enough to cover up entire face
+ 3 different shades
+ blends in with natural skin tone
+ flawless finish
+ oil-free
+ alcohol-free
+ moisturizing
+ smells really good

Don'ts
- packaging is made of a hard plastic, can't evaluate at how much product is inside
- I don't recommend it, if you have really bad acne.
- weak SPF for really hot Summers

Left: with BB Cream; Right: Bare Face

Completely covered with BB Cream

If you want to know more about this bb cream click here.




MISSHA M Perfect Cover SPF 42 PA+++ No. 23

This cream is suitable for acne-prone skin types. It has a great coverage. If you are suffering from really bad acne, I would definitely recommend to use this BB Cream. It can be used as a fondation or a Make up base.
It's great for summer since it has a high UV protection.
I only ranked it at the second place, because it's really hard for me to tell which one is better. I loooooooooove this bb cream. It helped me so much in covering up my acne in the past. But now that my skin has recovered a lot, I don't need much coverage anymore and since the Signature Real Complete feels lighter, I prefer it over this one. Don't get me wrong, I really do love this BB Cream!! It will always be one of my favorite bb creams.


Likes

+ good smelling
+ packaging comes with a pump
+ good coverage
+ natural and even finish
+ packaging can be cut open when it's almost finished
+ SPF 42 PA+++
+ flawless finish
+ blends in with the skintone
+ Oil-free
+ Alcohol-free
+ good for acne-prone skin

 Don'ts
There is not really something that I hate about this bb cream.

Perfect for summertime
In some countries it may get really hot and humid. It gets kind of hard to find a product that stays on for the whole day. This bb cream is perfect for those hot days. Not only does it stays on the entire day, but it also has SPF 42. I think this bb cream has almost the highest SPF content ever. It doesn't look cakey and it kind of reppells the oiliness.
I used it during the entire Summer in Tokyo and I never had problems.


Left: with BB Cream; Right: Bare Face
Completely covered with BB Cream

If you want to know more about it, click here.





ETUDE HOUSE Precious Mineral Bright Fit SPF30 W13

I really like this bb cream. It comes really close to the Missha bb creams. It has a good coverage and gives a flawless finish. It doesn't feel oily and stays on the whole day. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend to use it in really hot and humid days. It starts to look really unnatural on the parts where your skin gets oily and sweaty over the day.  

Likes
+ light texture
+ packaging comes with a pump
+ 4 different shades
+ good coverage
+ UV Protection / SPF 30
+ good smelling
+ oil-free
+ blends in with natural skin tone
+ flawless finish

Don'ts
- on oily T-zone it starts to look cakey
- not really good for Summer
 


 Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail BB Cream SPF30

As you might have noticed, I really like Missha's bb creams. I really have to praise their coverage.
Missha's BB Creams always worked for me. They were never disappointing.
I was just in the mood to try out a new bb cream from Missha and decided to try this one.
At first I was kind of sceptical, but I really have to admit that it is a great product. It covers up really smoothly. It doesn't feel oily at all. It kind of has a heavier texture, than the other Missha bb creams.
The weirdest about it is the smelling, it smells like nature. It contains snail cream, so yeah... for some people it might be really disgusting to put on your face snail cream.

Likes
+ good coverage
+ medium light texture
+ natural finish
+ flawless finish
+ good for acne prone skin


Don'ts
- packaging
- weird smell
- only one shade





Left: with BB Cream; Right: Bare Face

Completely covered with BB Cream




The FACE SHOP Oil-Free BB Cream 


Recently my skin has become so much better, I have less breakouts and blemishes. I don't need as much coverage as before. I had this BB cream for a while and I couldn't really use it, because it didn't cover up like I wanted it to.
Now it's a really great product. it doesn't feel oily nor does my face look cakey during the day.
It was developed for oily or problem skin, this means that with this cream, oily and problem skin should improve quicker and effectiver.

Likes
+ light texture
+ neutral smelling
+ oil-free
+ specialized for oily or problem skin
+ flawless finish

Don'ts
- doesn't contain SPF
- light coverage
- only one shade
- no pump





Left: with BB Cream; Right: Bare Face
Completely covered with BB Cream





THE FACE SHOP Aqua Tinted SPF20 Light Beige

This BB Cream feels really moisturizing. Unfortunately its coverage isn't that great. It doesn't cover up bad acne. If you are looking for a product to even out your skintone then this product is great, but if you need a good coverage then this is the wrong product. It also only comes in one shade and that shade is actually pretty light.

Likes
+ light texture
+ smells good
+ contains SPF 20
+ doesn't feel oily

Don'ts
- only one shade
- light coverage
- small packaging
- no pump



Skin79 Super BB Cream Triple Funktions

I hate it!!! I heard so many good things about this product, but I was only disappointed in it. It made my skin really oily, the coverage was medium and it felt so heavy on my skin. I hate that feeling when even after applying powder your skin still feels sticky. This was the case with this bb cream.

Likes
+ design of the packaging
+ SPF 25 PA++

Don'ts
- Skin becomes really oily
- feels oily
- thick texture
- feels sticky

I wrote a post challenging bb creams and fondation, if you want to know more about it click here

What are your favorite bb creams and why?

Left: with BB Cream; Right: Bare Face
Completely covered with BB Cream

Kommentare:

  1. wow great review! I'd really want to try the Missha one but it's quite expensive for me and I have to finish my current one to buy new stuff, haha!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. haha I know what you mean xD I've been doing the same thing since 3 months... It's actually horrible to not buy new stuff but this way I can clean up my beauty-section =)
      I really recommend to try the Missha bb creams!! They last forever!! =)

      Löschen
  2. Love your dedication and awesome review of the BB creams! I love such detailed reviews with pictures, it really helps provide an idea of how the product is. This one is REALLY helpful! Keep it up! :) xx

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I'm glad you liked it and thank you soo much for reading my blog =)

      Löschen
  3. Wow it's the most complete review of korean BB creams I've ever come across, so useful :) Your skin looks perfect even without makeup, can you do a skincare routine please?

    Feel free to stop by the latest post about Korean BB Cream
    chalimi

    AntwortenLöschen